Views
Helpful
Replies

E1s Trunk Group

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

If I have 7 E1 controllers, and I need to create a trunk group for those 7 controller (to put all these E1s in one trunk group), so I can do a PLAR for the trunk group instead of doing it for each controller, how it will be? Any help?

Regards

Bilal

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no problem in doing that.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Last I checked you can only do the actual connection plar command on a voice-port. Granted I spend a disproportionate amount of my time in UCM instead of IOS but here's what comes to mind:

Configuring the trunk-group on each E1 interface is fairly straight forward: 1) Create your trunk group at the global level; and, 2) Assign each E1 interface to the trunk group. Once you have done that you can create a dial-peer and assign the trunk-group instead of the individual E1 port. The key is to put the direct-inward-dial command on the dial-peer to prevent secondary dial tone being given to the caller.

Now, as for the PLAR portion: If you want all incoming calls to route to the same place just add a translation-profile to the dial-peer - or the trunk-group - and translate the called-number to the same value. A translation-rule with something to the effect of rule 1 /.*/ /xxxx/ where xxxx is the destination-pattern you desire should do the trick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: