Views
Helpful
Replies

E1s Trunk Group

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

If I have 7 E1 controllers, and I need to create a trunk group for those 7 controller (to put all these E1s in one trunk group), so I can do a PLAR for the trunk group instead of doing it for each controller, how it will be? Any help?

Regards

Bilal

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no problem in doing that.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Last I checked you can only do the actual connection plar command on a voice-port. Granted I spend a disproportionate amount of my time in UCM instead of IOS but here's what comes to mind:

Configuring the trunk-group on each E1 interface is fairly straight forward: 1) Create your trunk group at the global level; and, 2) Assign each E1 interface to the trunk group. Once you have done that you can create a dial-peer and assign the trunk-group instead of the individual E1 port. The key is to put the direct-inward-dial command on the dial-peer to prevent secondary dial tone being given to the caller.

Now, as for the PLAR portion: If you want all incoming calls to route to the same place just add a translation-profile to the dial-peer - or the trunk-group - and translate the called-number to the same value. A translation-rule with something to the effect of rule 1 /.*/ /xxxx/ where xxxx is the destination-pattern you desire should do the trick.