cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - # of CTI ports configured VERSUS # of seats licensed?

terry.Haebich
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone either answer the following or direct me to the link/s that describe it?

What is the relationship between the number of CTI Ports configured to the number of seats licensed?

Recently my company took over the support of a customer who had 31 seats licensed but only 15 CTI ports configured

As a newbie, my experience has only been with HA solutions, where when one displays the License Information via Appadmin, it normally shows twice as many ports as licenses.

Thanks,

Terry

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With Premium licensing, you get 2 ports for every seat, but not to exceed the hardware maximums.

With Standard and Enhanced, you get to configure as many as you want, but not to exceed the hardware maximums.

This information is in the SRND. Link: UCCX 8.0 SRND

Thanks

I found a "new" customer we have taken maintenance over who has 31 seat license with 15 CTI ports configured on a non HA configuration - looks like they added licenses without increasing the # of CTI ports

Rgds,

Terry

Hi Terry,

When you upload new agent seat licenses they automatically become active. This won't automatically increase the number of CTI ports however. That bit is a manual step so given you have 31 seat licenses, you should be able to increase your CTI ports up to 62 but this is a manual bit of config which I would do out of hours as when you adjust the call control groups, it will reapply changes across all CTI ports from memory along with creating the additional CTI ports.

Cheers,

Nathan