Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing Issue

To all

Find the attached file  i have scenraio Permiter Router have 1 link of internet Secondary router other

i have give router to my ASA route Outside 0 0 192.168.100.100  Lan subnet will go the perimeter router to established internet connecitvity

I need Secondary router Internet link work as bakcup  i  m thinking about  IP SLA OBJECT TRACKING to  track 4.2.2.2  if no response move traffic toward 192.168.100.200 to run internet will this work  in this scenario

waiting for prompt response

3 Replies 3

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Below link has full configuration as desired by you..

http://www.cisco.biz/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml#diag

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Thanks Hitesh

For your  prompt response but idont think it will work because in my scenario all three Perimter Router, ASA,Secondary Router Belong to same Subnet

how track will work i didnt get it the same think came to my minde first but dont think thats goona work

Thanks Again

Hi,

As per the scenario you have single interface connected to a broadcast network of /24. You dont have to do anything the links shows an example how to do it you may tweak the configuration to achieve the goal..

E.g

You have 192.168.1.1 for ASA

192.168.1.100 primary router

192,168.1.200 secondary router

monitor the ISP facing interface on primary router using IP SLA so when the link to ISP is down, back up route is installed. further add a route on ASA for outside interface of primary router towards 192.168.1.100 so that monitor traffic always goes that way. add the following routes on ASA

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.100 1 track 1

!--- Enter this command in order to track a static route.
!--- This is the static route to be installed in the routing
!--- table while the tracked object is reachable.  The value after
!--- the keyword "track" is a tracking ID you specify.

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.200 254

As long as you can ping the outside interface of primary router the first route will be used if the reachability is lost than that route will be withdrawn and secondary path towards 1.200 will be used.

sla monitor 123
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho interface outside
num-packets 3
frequency 10

sla monitor schedule 123 life forever start-time now

track 1 rtr 123 reachability

So till the time sla monitor 123 has successful attempts, Track 1 is true, primary route is installed when sla 123 is unsuccessful, Track 1 is down and route is withdrawn and default route towards secondary is used with AD of 254

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card