Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting calls per phone/extension

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi experts.

In cucm7 or cme4.x/7.x, can i limit the calls per extension ? like in x(12 or 24 etc) hours, i want extension 2000 to make only 10 outbound calls via PRI.

Is such feature possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Yeah, there probably are things that aren't documented well.

Some things aren't features as such, but just ways of configuring other features to get the result you want from the user's point of view.

That's why I suggested posting back on this forum if you've been through the docs and it isn't obvious or appears to be missing.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No, there's no such feature.

It would be possible to develop something that enforced such rules but this would be a piece of development work you would have to commission and fund.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaaron,

Can you also help me how to find which features are present and which are not ? is there any doc that lists all the capabilities that cucm 7 or cme4.x/7.x supports so i can also look there for any further feature i am looking for ?

Pls help

Hi

For CCM take a look at the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/data_sheet_c78-485333.html

Similar documents for 7.1, 8.0 etc tend to highlight new features as they are added.

CME, have a look at the admin guide. It contains a feature history listing features as they are added to each release:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeroad.html

Be aware that in either case, some features you know may be supported but named differently, or not named specifically at all.... so if in doubt, post back here.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Dear Aaron, pls one last question.

You said its possible that some features may not be named at all. But the doc u mentioned, does contain all the features right ? or is it possible that some feature is present but not documented ?

Pls confirm this

Hi

Yeah, there probably are things that aren't documented well.

Some things aren't features as such, but just ways of configuring other features to get the result you want from the user's point of view.

That's why I suggested posting back on this forum if you've been through the docs and it isn't obvious or appears to be missing.

Regards

Aaron

Thanks alot Aaron.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: