Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with IPV6?

Dear All

My customer is requesting to check the IPV6 in the router..So i assigned the IP  for Laptop as 2001:0DB8:2222:1017::73 and Gateway will be 2001:DB8:2222:1018::73.From the Laptop, i can able to ping the Gateway.
But i cant able to ping the Laptop ip from Router.Simillarly, i cant able to take telnet of router if i am in ipv6.What to do?

Tks&Rgds
Senthil

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Senthil,

post your configuration

be also aware that on a LAN segment IPv6 is usually deployed using EUI-64 addresses

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-addrg_bsc_con_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Also be aware that likely a firewall is running on the PC and this could explain what you see

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

In router end, i have configured like this,

Router#sh run int gi4/7

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 104 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/7
no ip address
ipv6 address 2001:DB8:2222:1018::73/64
ipv6 enable
end

and i gave the laptop ip as 2001:DB8:2222:1018::73..Now i can able to ping router end ip but not able to ping laptop ip..what to do?

also i gave ipv6 unicast-routing command globally..

Thanks for ur reply

Senthil

Hello Senthil,

it  is the same as with IPv4: if a firewall is running on the PC you can typically ping from PC to router but you cannot do the opposite so I would look for firewall service on the PC

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card