DTMF digits in SDL log

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding the SDL trace log, I am having difficulty reading the DTMF digits dialed by outside callers, especailly in a call center environment, the call is connected, the diigts caller entered to navagate the menu is impport for one of my production problems, the trace level is details, however, I still couldn't find the digits caller dialed, can someone help on this one?

thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 06/15/2010 - 08:25
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Start by reading the SDI traces instead of SDL. After that it will depend what protocol the gateway is using.

applegreen Tue, 06/15/2010 - 11:06
User Badges:

I did the same thing for SDI and couldn't find anything, that's why I moved to SD

L and found it contains more info related to DTMF, however still can't find what I am

looking for.

Can you please be more specific, if you need a SDI/SDL trace, I could attach a copy, I am wondering if I missed out something

thanks

Aaron Harrison Tue, 06/15/2010 - 11:38
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

I would say that reading the SDI or SDL may be a little tricky; if you use triplecombo to parse the SDI logs it would be simple for an SCCP device but whether or not you see the DTMF from a gateway is another matter.

I would start by looking at the tools and debugging available in your Call Center software if it's a matter of seeing what DTMF was sent. It's fairly key to the functionality of that software, so it should have a reasonable log of it.

I would look at the CCM logs if it was a matter of troubleshooting DTMF if it's not being received.

Regards

Aaron

applegreen Tue, 06/15/2010 - 11:44
User Badges:

thanks for the reply

The problem is we have DTMF tone missing issue from time to time

we have  went through our call center which is ICM/IPIVR logs already, we found call center system didn't receive any info on the missing DTMF digits, that's why we have to move to CM for further troubleshooting.

Where I can find the tool you mentioned to read SDL logs?

thanks

Actions

This Discussion