Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF digits in SDL log

applegreen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding the SDL trace log, I am having difficulty reading the DTMF digits dialed by outside callers, especailly in a call center environment, the call is connected, the diigts caller entered to navagate the menu is impport for one of my production problems, the trace level is details, however, I still couldn't find the digits caller dialed, can someone help on this one?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start by reading the SDI traces instead of SDL. After that it will depend what protocol the gateway is using.

I did the same thing for SDI and couldn't find anything, that's why I moved to SD

L and found it contains more info related to DTMF, however still can't find what I am

looking for.

Can you please be more specific, if you need a SDI/SDL trace, I could attach a copy, I am wondering if I missed out something

thanks

Hi

I would say that reading the SDI or SDL may be a little tricky; if you use triplecombo to parse the SDI logs it would be simple for an SCCP device but whether or not you see the DTMF from a gateway is another matter.

I would start by looking at the tools and debugging available in your Call Center software if it's a matter of seeing what DTMF was sent. It's fairly key to the functionality of that software, so it should have a reasonable log of it.

I would look at the CCM logs if it was a matter of troubleshooting DTMF if it's not being received.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thanks for the reply

The problem is we have DTMF tone missing issue from time to time

we have  went through our call center which is ICM/IPIVR logs already, we found call center system didn't receive any info on the missing DTMF digits, that's why we have to move to CM for further troubleshooting.

Where I can find the tool you mentioned to read SDL logs?

thanks

found the tool already,thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: