cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails Forwarded to Inbox do not play on iPhone

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I have the voicemails from the UC500 attached to emails as WAV files.  Some users are using Blackberrys and iPhones.  The Blackberrys get the emails.  They are able to open the WAV file.  It is a little slow to get to their inbox but it works.  The iPhones get the emails right away but they cannot open the WAV attachment.  I read something about using the 711 codec instead of the 729 codec to make it work on the iPhone.  How do I make this change in CUE?

Thanks to anyone that can offer assistance.

9 Replies 9

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

Since the dial-peer says codec g711ulaw, it is using that same codec already to transfer the voicemails as emails?

dial-peer voice 2000 voip
description ** cue voicemail pilot number **
destination-pattern 200
b2bua
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.1.10.1
voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1 
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason,

This is not making sense, I have my VM's delivered to my iPhone as WAV files and am able to open the attachment and listen to them, I also did nothing special to be able to do this.

Are they being attached and is the iPhone seeing the attachment?

What is the error message you are getting?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

The iphone does see the attachment.  There is no error message.  When you try to open it, the circle just spins arounds.  It says opening 0 of xxx kbs.  It never gets past 0.  The only way to stop the circle from spinning is to restart the iphone.

Hi Jason,

I haven't seen this before sorry, I am running on firmware 3.1.2 but my phone is modified i.e jail broken and I have pretty much hacked it to pieces, maybe something I have installed is allowing them to work, I will have to try this on a vanilla iPhone and see if the standard base model can do it or not, I would be very surprised if Apple didn't allow for .WAV files to play, but then again nothing surprises me with them.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I listen to attachments on my iPhone regularly.

Your carrier may restrict the download of larger .wav files unless you have a wifi connection.

Question for either one of you...

What application does the WAV play in?

I would use the smallest footprint fastest loading wave player available to you.

Here is how my PC is setup;

Thanks for the response.

I was wondering what iphone app plays the wav files.  Is it a native app or a 3rd party app?

Thanks.

IPhone plays most if not all wav files natively (see below).

Possible exception (iPhone 2.x and earlier wont play G.711): http://www.kehlet.cx/articles/156.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: