I've been trying to determine what the performance would be like using a Cisco 2901 using PAT. I don't plan on doing anything too fancy (Forwarding a couple of ports and such). I'm looking for something that can do a minimum of 50 Mbps both directions. Does anyone have a suggestion on where I can go and find information on performance under these conditions?
I found the SMARTnet info. It is CON-SNT-2901. --- Many Thanks.
Performance depends on several factors:
- The type of application and its type of traffic
- Whether IP addresses are embedded
- Exchange and inspection of multiple messages
- Source port required
- The number of translations
- Other applications running at the time
- The type of hardware and processor
- WAN/LAN Speed and congestion on any of the lines.
You can find the performance numbers from the 2901 without running any services at this URL
You can take these numbers and calculate around 85% to 95% if you were to just run NAT with forwarding a couple of ports.