Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinging inside interface on a Pix 501 from Outside Network

verbbbie2
Level 1
Level 1

All

I have a Pix 501 firewall at a remote site that has an established IPSEC tunnel back to HQ. We have a monitor tool that pings remote sites to let us proactively know when a site goes down. I would like to set up this tool to ping the inside interface of the Pix like I can with the 871 routers; however I am unable to configure the Pix to allow the ICMP to the inside interface. I know by default that that the Pix does not allow ICMP to the opposite interface and I was wondering if someone could help me with a configuration that will allow this? I have attached my configuration from the pix!

Thanks

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Looking up the command tool, it seems the ''management-access'' command was introduced in version 6.3

I would recommend to upgrade to 6.3 if you have the option.

Federico.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If you enable the command ''management-access inside'', then you can PING the inside IP of the PIX from the other end of the tunnel.

Federico.

Thanks Federico that worked on most of my Pix Firewalls; how about for version 6.2? I don't see the managment-access command in the available commands!

Hi,

Looking up the command tool, it seems the ''management-access'' command was introduced in version 6.3

I would recommend to upgrade to 6.3 if you have the option.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: