cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice setting in SRP527W

jose100cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I understand the user manual for this device is still under preparation and looking at the section of the current version dealing with the Voice setting the information provided by the current user manual is very light.

We have initially purchased a couple of units to find out if we can migrate from our present setup (Vigor2820 used as a router and VPN and SPA3102 for telephony) thus hopefully simplifying the hardware in each of our sites. We need some answers or advice to enables the completion of the installation of the units. Our specification is relatively basic as we are using just the bear minimum under which this unit is being promoted (Router, VPN, Voice). However we cannot wait until the more comprehensive manual is out and would appreciate help on the following simple questions:

1. How are the PSTN, Line 1 and Line 2 selected? e.g. #9, #1, #2 ?

2. Routing of calls in the SPA3102 to the PSTN and Line 1 in a dial plan is achieved with @gw0 and @gw1 respectively. Is the syntax the same for the SRP527W? i.e. @gw0 for PSTN and @gw1 and @gw2 for Lines 1 and 2?

3. Finally, we assume that facilities as PSTN-to-VOIP and VOIP-to_PSTN gates are not implemented in this device.

Thanks in advance for any help provided and we look forward to a user manual along the lines of the SPA3102.

Jose

1 Reply 1

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your interest in the SRP500.  While we are updating our documentation, please refer to the following for guidance on what to use in the interim: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11642.

To your questions:

1.  The line (FXO) port on the SRP520 range is for life line only - i.e. this is physically cross connected to FXS port #1 in the event of a) power being removed from the device or b) there being no active SIP registration of either FXS port.  As a result, calls cannot be routed to the FXO, so there is no selection to be made through dialling.

2. See above.  Each FXS port has its own SIP account/proxy configuration settings.  There are no gateway routing commands.

3. Correct - the SRP520 only acts as an ATA (VoIP to FXS), so is more like the SPA2102 in normal operation.

Regards,

Andy Hickman