UCCX - what to do on nobody "Ready"

Answered Question
Jun 15th, 2010
User Badges:

So my biggest fear is that at some point agents will go busy and forget to ready themselves.  i'm looking for a method that will either notify myself that the queue has no agents, or a queue that is smart enough to notice that no agents are available and react differently (allow for a message or callback option, or something).

I've been looking at the repository of scripts cisco provides and found the "BaseLineAdvQueuing.aef" and it looks like it might do the job if i could figure out why it's dying before it sends to the queue.

What does everyone else do?

Jon

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 9 months ago

Hi Jon

There are generally two ways to manage this I find:

1) Have a supervisor, who's job it is to manage the agents and keep tabs on who is ready or not. Generally responsible for management of queue depths, answer times and staffing etc.

2) Have a wallboard which shows call abandoned, calls taken, agents in ready etc so that agents have a big visual prompt that they can see as well as everyone else (i.e. the management wandering through the office).

If you are on UCCX 7 you can set workflows to promtp the agents when they go 'Not Ready', however it does this at any not ready event (i.e. intentional as well as RNA, and when the agent logs in).

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Tue, 06/15/2010 - 14:53
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi Jon

There are generally two ways to manage this I find:

1) Have a supervisor, who's job it is to manage the agents and keep tabs on who is ready or not. Generally responsible for management of queue depths, answer times and staffing etc.

2) Have a wallboard which shows call abandoned, calls taken, agents in ready etc so that agents have a big visual prompt that they can see as well as everyone else (i.e. the management wandering through the office).

If you are on UCCX 7 you can set workflows to promtp the agents when they go 'Not Ready', however it does this at any not ready event (i.e. intentional as well as RNA, and when the agent logs in).

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Gabriel Saavedra Tue, 06/15/2010 - 15:19
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Jon,

What do you want to accomplish here?..to make something change the agent state to ready or to do something with the calls when all the agents are not ready?

If you want to change the agent state, Aaron had already told you the options. But if you want to do something with the calls, you can use the get reporting statistics step to see if there are any available agent, if there aren't one available then you can manage the call in a different way, I don't know, maybe sending the call to another CSQ or to a voice mail or something like that. Or as another option you can queue the call and when an agent gets ready then he is going to handle the call.

Gabriel.

Actions

This Discussion