WLAN Profile question

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2010
User Badges:

We happen to have a very large open wireless implementation that uses an external webauth page that authenticates against our RADIUS.  We are also using the Lobby Ambassador for employees that drop in for a week or two at a time, and those users are on the same SSID as everyone else.

For obvious reasons, we want to secure our SSID with WPA2-802.1x.  When we do this our Lobby Ambassador will no longer function since those temporary usernames and passwords will be in the controllers.

My question is this:  Is there a way to use WLAN Profiles so that I can have a profile for WPA2 and our Lobby Ambassador under the same SSID?   I understand the Lobby Ambassador users won't be secure and this isn't the best practice, but can it be done?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jhedstr2 Fri, 06/18/2010 - 01:44
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi Tim

No, you can’t have different security policy under one SSID. If you enable WPA/WPA2 with 802.1X, all client must use this to authenticate. But there shouldn’t be any problem to have two SSID, one for employees and one for external users, like guests and consultants.

Kind Regards

Johan

Actions

This Discussion