cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the number of stored CUCM backups

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello I am trying to increase the number of CUCM backups I am currently collecting.  Backup are running perfectly but I am only holding onto two backup per cycle. I would like to increase this number to the maximum of 7 (one week of backups).  I have found the area on the backup device that has the option to change this feature but I am getting an error: x Update failed : The device is being used by some schedule(s).

I have disabled the schedule backup job in hopes that I would be able to make the change to the back up device but I can't.  I guess I could delete the device but I thought I would as the question first to see if there is something that I am missing.

Field on the backup device screen that I would like to change:

Number of backups to store on Network Directory 2 -> drop down window with 3 - 14 as choices.

Version of CUCM

Disaster Recovery System

System version: 7.1.2.21900-5

Any help would be great, thank you in adance.

John Palmason.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You should delete the schedule instead of deleting device.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You should delete the schedule instead of deleting device.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thank you Michael, that worked very well.  I deleted the job changed the number of days to keep and created the back up.

Cheers,

Hi There,

I am folloing to this thread to ask another question related to the DRM.

What happens after we reech the max number of Backups per NEtwork Device? Will CUCM rotate the files or will it stop the scheduled process?

Is there any way to specify a retention/rewrite/rotation option for these files?

Many thanks,

Francesco

Backups will keep rotating so you only keep the number you configured under DRS.

No way to configure this, when they will be deleted, depends on the frequency of your backups, that's it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have a doubt, if you configure DRS to only save two backups what will happen when it tries to save the third?
it overwrite some of the two backups or save it normal?
this is because my client have a repository to only save two backups at week.

Regards.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: