Upgrading to UCCX 8

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2010

I'd like to get any comments from anyone who is using, has upgraded or is in the process of upgrading to UCCX 8.0 (from 7.0(1)).  What has been your experiences, problems, issues, dos & don'ts, etc.  Should I or would you have waited for the release that will follow 8.0?  Is it just too new and everyone is waiting before being the first to run it in a production environment?  My team is look at 1st quarter 2011 to upgrade.  Our primary reason is the high availability feature across a WAN.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Phuong Hoai Huynh Wed, 06/16/2010 - 18:25

I've performed the migration in the lab my self with no issue.

However as per the guides please follow them through correctly to ensure the smoothes possible upgrade

Also make sure to read the Important Considerations of uccx801ug.pdf

Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/16/2010 - 22:59

Yeah, upgrading isn't too difficult... but I would say the things you need to watch out for are in the scripts:

- Things like DB integration that may require new drivers adding to the system

- Poorly written scripts that reference local paths (c:\program files\wfavvid) etc instead of using the repository for uploads of docs/prompts

- Anything else unusual

You can get away with things on Windows but it will be more unforgiving on Linux.

Please rate helpful posts...

Anthony Holloway Thu, 06/17/2010 - 07:43

A better than nothing solution is to run a couple commands in the scripts folder, such as:

find /i ".xml" *.aef

The output will look something like this:

Notice that the top result has the filename in quotes, and the bottom one is within DOC[].

That's a pretty good indicator that the top on is not using the repo, and the bottom one is.

Of course, nothing is for sure, unless you look in the script, and check it out for yourself.

This Discussion