cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flip video battery status

tom.gill
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a new Ultra HD Flip camera and do not see a battery status indicator on the screen.

I used to have an indicator on my Flip mino. Where is the battery status indicator on this device?

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Flip Ultra HD camera does not have an on-screen battery life indicator.  In a number of reviews for this camera, this is a common "con". Instead, the recording indicator light on the front of the device doubles as a battery life indicator.  You can confirm this with a simple Google search and you'll find many reviews such as this: http://www.makefilmwork.com/2009/04/27/the-flip-ultra-hd/

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

jb69816981
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I don't know if anyone still uses the Flip Camera with the side mounted battery posts (code: ABT2W).

My battery does not hold a charge very long (about 45 min).  It is also slightly swollen, but it is the original battery with the FLIP logo.  It will also show a charge status in the lower right hand of the screen (Full Green, then partial green, then red, then dead).

I bought several replacement batteries on Amazon (one from DSTE with code DA229 for ABT2W and one from Wasabi Power with code BTR-FLIP-ABT2W).  They came charged, however they do not show the charge status in the view screen and they will not re-charge (either from the computer or an external charging cable).  When trying to charge these, the viewer will show the picture of the USB logo and say "Connected", however, the red LED on the front will extinguish after a minute.  If I re-install the original battery, the viewer will show a large picture of the battery with a lightning bolt and status (i.e., red then green).

I would like to use these new batteries, but have no idea how to get the viewer to indicate status level in the lower right hand view screen when using or the full view screen when charging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: