Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS MAPS quality are not good

sroberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having weird problem with the MAPS quality... Why does the MAPS are displaying with a different quality on different machine?

For example, i do have a Windows XP machine with SP2 running IE 7 & the latest firefox release that is displaying the MAPS under

WCS with a bad quality.

I have a second machine running Windows 7 with IE 8 and have no problem displaying the maps under WCS.

The quality is good & i have more details..lines are smoother.

Both machine are connecting to the same WCS server. I have tried WCS 6.0.132 & 6.0.181 and i have the same

results.

Do you have a clue? Does the resolution makes a difference? Operating system? other?

2 Replies 2

Elliott Shawd
Level 1
Level 1

Try it with Google Chrome. I've seemed to have better luck with that over IE. Next, WCS does use up a bunch of your computer's ponies and I've never tested with different OS's and computers (as I just use the dinosaur I was given at work), but I figure Cisco does add some logic to run WCS at a performance level suitable on your comp.

sridhkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can change the display setting, The minimum screen resolution that is recommended  for both WCS and Navigator use is 1024 x 768 pixels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card