cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa8800 failover to analog line? (not asterix server)

Hi there, i am trying to set up the following system

analog commander pbx ---> linksys8800 ---> internet

it seems to work fine when the internet is connected, but i would  like it to failover and kick back onto the old ptsn line when the net is  down.
i know this is possible with an asterix server but i dont know  how to configure a normal old line on the spa8800? when i pull the  ethernet cable it just sounds engaged.

i hope this is possible.

im a bit of a newbie as you can probably tell!. thanks in advance for  your help.

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

This should work by default.

In the Phone 1 tab, it should show VOIP Fallback to PSTN, Auto PSTN fallback set to yes.

Then in your Line 1 tab, you can go to VoIP to PSTN Gateway setup and set your FXS Fallback DP.  Default is None.

thanks very much for your help. it seems to be half working but i  sitll have an issue wth the net side of things,

When  the power is removed from the spa8800 it failsover to the ptsn line  well,

but when i remove just the ethernet, it doesnt want to  failover, just gives me an engaged signal... any ideas?

i  have set the following settings to the line page thinking this might  help but doesnt seem to change.

Make Call Without Reg: yes

Ans Call Without  Reg:  yes

Register:  no

All i am getting is an  engaged signal when the net is down..

i assume it  doesnt need to register with a device as it is analog.

is there  something i am missing here?

thanks very much for your  help. almost there!

The failover is a hardware relay which only works when the unit loses power.

If you want to dial out via PSTN, you'll need to modify the dial plan to tell the unit that you want to go out the PSTN.

In the admin guide, go to section 6, outbound call routing, page 96.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: