Views
Helpful
Replies

need help witch packet tracer

SealNL12345
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I made a network in packettracer and now it gives my the error destination host unreachable i already tried alot of thing so can you guys please take a look of what i did wrong?

1 Reply 1

Brian Beijl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Most of the configuration is incomplete or wrong.

Your wireless router's Internet IP Address is pointing at 194.171.121.51. This address does not exist in your topology.

The wireless router cannot ping the directly connected Router. Some configuration errors here. You'll have to change the configuration of the wireless router.

You have no ip address configured on the Fa0/0 interface of the router named ROCMN-E, so you have a server which is connected but cannot reach anything.

You're using RIP as a routing protocol, but on some routers you're advertising the wrong (not existing) networks.

You need to have a good understanding of the topology before you change the configuration, make sure to use as much "show" commands as you need to understand what you're doing.

Tip: go to your preferences and tick the box "Port Labels Always Shown". Then place some notes at each relevant port showing the ip address of that port. This will help you get a better view of the topology and where things are going wrong..

Regards,

Brian Beijl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card