Authorization failure in GSS

Unanswered Question
Jun 16th, 2010

Hi all,

I have configured a Cisco GSS for AAA using TACACS.

The Cisco GSS is version 3.0(2) and the ACS server is 4.2(0) build 124

I have a configuration storage application which connects to devices and download the configuration. This is working for all cisco devices by defining a username with privilege-level 15 in the TACACS and only allowing that user to run "show commands".

The problem I found with the Cisco GSS is that if you specify anything in the "shell command authorization set", once the user logs into the GSS and try to "enable", it says "Authorization failed. Admin privilege required."

I tried another option by limiting the source IP for that user and the group of devices it could access to with per-user NAR restrictions and without "shell command authorization set" restrictions but the behavior is the same: If NAR is applied, the user is not able to "enable" receiving "Authorization failed. Admin privilege required." but if I disable NAR, and try to "enable" I get the # prompt without any problem.

Do you know if there is any way to allow a restricted TACACS user access to the enable mode in the Cisco GSS?

Best regards

//Miguel

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion