Question about capturing data string in IP/IVR

Unanswered Question
Jun 16th, 2010
User Badges:

Our environment today is UCM 6.1.3, IP/IVR 5.0, and UCCE 7.2.5.

My challenge today is to add an IVR where one of our phone users (not an ICM agent) is talking to one of our customers and at the end of the call, transfers the customer to our IVR which asks the customer to rate the user on a 1 to 5 scale. We have a job number tied to the customer so we would need to record that job ID along with the customer's response. If this was an ICM agent, I could just grab the data from the agent's session, but in this case, there isn't anything there yet.

The only thing I can come up with would be to have our user initiate a transfer. When the IVR answers, our user pushes the buttons to generate DTMF and capture the job ID, then completes the transfer and the customer enters the 1-5 response. That seems rather kludgey to me, but I just can't come up with another way. Perhaps writing an XML file that I could pull the job ID from, but then I'd need to have a way to know when the call came in, which file to look at.

Hopefully I'm just having a mental block on this and it should be an easy thing, but does anyone have a good suggestion of how to accomplish this a little more elegantly?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion