Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) upgrade to CUCM 7.1.3 with AD integration

Criss Sawyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CCM 4.1 cluster to upgrade using DMA, My CCM 4 is integrated with Microsof Active Directory 2000.

is there any possibilty  to do so : disable AD integration in my CCM 4-> RUN DMA export->reconfigure AD integration in my CUCM 7.1(3) ?

or

Configure AD Integration so i can importe only  users with telephone numbers ( CCM users not all Active Directory users)

any ideas i'll be realy grateful.

8 Replies 8

Dennis Aston
Level 1
Level 1

1) Not sure.  I don't see why not though.  You create new users for the application and OS admin during setup so you don't "NEED" the other users.  We have the same AD Integrated setup and are migrating over to 7.1.3 ourselves in a week or 2.  Any reason why you need to exclude the users?  Security?

2) I don't think this is possible.  Filtering attributes isn't something I remember the plugin allowing.

hi Dennis,

thx for your response,

well, after runnig DMA i got the following message:

DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT: 
    The error number is:  [-391]
    The error message is:  [-391    Cannot insert a null into column column-name.
]
    The following additional event information is available: 
        This record was not processed because it is missing a required value. 
        This could also be caused by specifying the value NULL in a required field. 
        SUGGESTED ACTION:  Check the Suspected Field information and record contents,
        if provided, to determine which data needs to be filled in and for which record. 
        Update that record to specify the required data and then re-execute DMA. 
    Suspected Field/Item Is [enduser.lastname]
    TABLE NAME IS [enduser ]

apparentely it indcates that i need to fully populate the names for the users. the problem is that in my environment, i have an AD with big numbers of users ( Including Administrators, Domaine, Entreprise....)

Last name is mandatory in Linux appliance, if you are going to integrate to LDAP once you migrate, users that have no last name won't be imported.

You need to populate the field if you intend to use LDAP on 7.1(3)

LDAP System Configuration

Note After you configure LDAP  synchronization in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration,  users without last names in the corporate directory do not synchronize  with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database. No error  displays in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, but the  log file indicates which users did not synchronize.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b02ldsys.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi all,

thx u for youe responses,

is there any way to import user from AD and store them localy in CCM4.1 without configuring AD/CCM synchronisation?. that because i'm in a evironement wich i have no right to make modification to the AD. i rather to add lastname to users localy in CCM4 then upgrade to CCM7.1.3 and reconfigure LDAP.

Yes you can run an export for all user data in 4.1(3) this will dump all the user data to a CSV file. You can then uninstall the AD integration and then finally re-run the DMA process. Once you have built the 7.1(3) system you will be able to import the CSV data but will not be able to configure LDAP.

Hope this helps

Greg

hi,

thx again for your valuable responses

Since i have no right to make modifications to AD, i will use the second method (Upgrading without AD Integration).

So, i just need some specefic details for this process:

- is there some sepecific procedure de to follow in order to Export Users to CSV file in CCM 4 and import them into CCM7?

- is uninstalling Cisco Customer Directory Configuration Plugin for Cisco CallManager enough to disable AD integration.?

thx in advance.

Once you go to 7.1(3) you can reenable LDAP

Linux appliance does absolutely anything to the AD.

It copies the AD users into it's internal DB and then whatever CUCM fields they need are addded there.

Your AD remains untouched and does not require any schema changes.

All you need is a user with read rights and to know which OUs you want to sync.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

For your..

First Question: No specific procedure to follow just use the BAT tool, i can't remember if that is installed by default or not in CM 4.1.3

The CSV can be imported to CM7 as CSV, it maybe worth exporting a dummy user from 7 so you can get the field headers and edit any data of need in excel using this file as a template.

&

Second Question: You will also need to disable the LDAP intergration under user management from /ccmadmin

Keep me updated how you go, good luck!!

Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: