cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communicator has user's status locked on 'offline'

envisionrx
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is working with Unified Personal Communicator version 7.0(2.13496) on Windows Vista.

The issue he's currently having is that the program shows him as offline and he is unable to change his status. He can send IM's but when anyone tries to send something to him it fails saying he's offline.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program from his PC and had the Systems Admin remove and re-add him from the Cisco system. I've even tried to log him in on a different PC and still he shows as "offline" and it will not let us change the status.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem was caused by case-sensitive user IDs.

You have a user id JArbogast and jarbogast.  Please go to CUCM > User Management > End User and change the user ID to match with the one in Active Directory.

Thanks!

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

On CUPC > Help, make sure "Enabled Detailed Logging" was checked.

Recreate problem and upload CUPC Problem Report here.

On his computer, if you log into CUPC with a different account, would it work?

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

If I log in as someone else on the users machine it comes up "Available" and has no issues. Here's the Problem Report that I just created.

Problem was caused by case-sensitive user IDs.

You have a user id JArbogast and jarbogast.  Please go to CUCM > User Management > End User and change the user ID to match with the one in Active Directory.

Thanks!

Michael

That was it! I changed in CUCM to all lower case (as it is in AD) and it worked, it popped right up as 'Available'. Now I can stop slamming my head into the desk on this issue.

Thanks for your help Michael!!!

-Erik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: