Views
Helpful
Replies

What is WAAS?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like you to let me know more about the WAAS!!!

I was read document on cisco but i'm not clear about WAAS. Why we need to buy WAAS? WAAShas the same Server right? WAAS has HDD or not?

Best Regards,

Rechard

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Please start with the following for a technical overview of the WAAS solution:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/contnetw/ps5680/ps6870/prod_white_paper0900aecd8051d5b2.html

Regards,

Zach

Dear Zach,

Thanks you for your help!!!

Could i ask you some question about WAAS as below:

1- Does WAAS has build in Router right?if yes, when i have new branch office i don't need to buy Cisco router.

2- My HQ use IBM Server and all the branch use IBM server also and do AD from HQ. if possible or not, when i have new branch office i order WAAS at the banch and connection to HQ withAD?

Best Regards,

Rechard

Richard,

Ad.1 No WAE is not a router. It has some features of a router but will not perform advanced routing.

It is not required to have a Cisco router in branch office (i.e you can run using an inline card), although scalability might require that you do have to use WCCP from a router especially on HQ/DC side.

Ad.2 Typically you have WAEs in both HQ side and branch offices + one WAE to manage all of them (CM) . Connectivity between WAEs is transparent to end users/servers.

Marcin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: