Views
Helpful
Replies

1142N Regulatory Domain

brodierad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please confirm which model 1142N APs I need to buy to operate in Australia with 4404 WLCs please? From what I can tell I need model AIR-LAP1142N-N-K9, is this correct? We're still running pre-CAPWAP v4.2.x.x software on the WLCs by the way.

Thank you.

Brodie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Australia should be using the "N" regulatory domain.  And Rob's right, 1140 is supported on the 6.X (and later) firmware.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Thanks for the good news. When they didn't associate it crossed my mind that I may have bought over a hundred of these with the incorrect reg domain. But now I'm pretty sure I just have to upgrade the WLC software. I'll go to the v6.x assurewave software I guess.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brodie,

Good stuff

Yes, I'm sorry I missed that in your first post, but the 1140 series was not supported

in any 4.x.x.x WLC versions. I like your thinking of upgrading to the Assurewave

6.x. Make sure we check the exact upgrade path to 6.x before moving forward.

Cheers!

Rob

Yep, I'm going:

WLCs 4.2.207.0 to 6.0.196.0

WCS 4.2.128.0 to 6.0.181.0

Location App 3.1.43.0 to 6.0.101.0

Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 to 4.2

That should do it.

Cheers

Thanks for the ratings.

By the way, firmware 7.X is now available.

It'd take some convincing to upgrade to a new version without a ribbon.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Australia should be using the "N" regulatory domain.  And Rob's right, 1140 is supported on the 6.X (and later) firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card