Error encountered: An unknown error occurred while access the upgrade file.

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2010

Hi all,

I was upgrading my call manager subscriber server from /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} 7.1.3.10000-11 build to 8.0.2.41006-1 build, got the following error and the upgrade failed,

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Status: Error encountered: An unknown error occurred while access the upgrade file.

While the same upgrade was successful on the pub.

Need help.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brad Martin Fri, 06/18/2010 - 05:54

I found that when upgrading from a remote machine I had to point to a directory with only the upgrade file in it. Prior to that I got the same error.

David Hailey Fri, 06/18/2010 - 13:18

Brad,

I've seen that a number of times with 7x upgrade files.  I would like to say it's consistent but it hasn't always been.  I've done a number of upgrades and sometimes I would run across that issue and other times, I would not (there would be multiple files in the SFTP path).  After a few times, I just started always putting my upgrade file in a dedicated folder.

Good catch...and you're not alone in experiencing it.

Hailey

satish rawat Mon, 05/13/2013 - 20:25

I faced same error while upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.1.3-20000-2 and after failing few times here is what i tried

1. add a ntp server to server ( even though the NTP was not really reachable ..just add one on server before you start upgrade)

2. try placing only one file on sftp root directory..

Actions

This Discussion