cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sync archive Partially Successful

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

When performing sync archive in RME, i always get "partially successful" for the switches. When checking the job details, it was successfull for the primary and running config but fails on VLAN. My transport settings were just the default, and then I changed it to only telnet and ssh. I am pretty sure that the credentials are correct since the configurations collected were correct.

By the way I'm using LMS 3.2, RME 4.3

Any tips/resolution on this case?Thanks

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME alway uses TFTP to fetch the VLAN configuration.  This is how it works.  RME will log into the switch using either telnet or SSH (depending on your protocol order).  It will then issue the command "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:".  Therefore, you must make sure the switch can perform a TFTP transfer of vlan.dat back to the RME server.

Hi Joseph,

I am facing the a similar problem and only 22 of the 46 devices are showing fully successful for me. Ther remaining are partiall successful.

Below is the error

CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 172.16.0.6 Cause: Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I tried a manual tftp for the vlan.dat file from the switches that give this message and i am successfully able to transfer vlan.dat to lms server.

Could you please advise what could be the problem. I am running LMS version 3.2 and RME version number is 4.3.0

Regards,

Anthic