Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Interaction Manager Pop3/IMAP ports

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

is there a way to change POP3 or IMAP ports on EIM? one customer is using 993 as an IMAP port which i beleive uses SSL.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the port to use Secure IMAP 993 SSL & Secure SMTP 465 TLS Encryption is not currently supported within CIM Version 4.3(2)

The standard ports for IMAP (143), POP3 (110) and SMTP (25) are all that are supported at this time.

This ability is slated for an upcoming release of CIM, however that release is not yet known.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Certainly not at the Web-based admin interface when one adds an email alias to the retriever.  And I don't see anything in the Database Schema for changing the port from the default (standard) port 143 to the TSL/SSL port 993. It may be in a properties file though. I'll run a search on the machine a bit later.

Regards,

Geoff

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the port to use Secure IMAP 993 SSL & Secure SMTP 465 TLS Encryption is not currently supported within CIM Version 4.3(2)

The standard ports for IMAP (143), POP3 (110) and SMTP (25) are all that are supported at this time.

This ability is slated for an upcoming release of CIM, however that release is not yet known.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your response, but i have contacted Egain, and they customized CIM to support secure pop3 and IMAP. Although it required additional cost, now it is working fine. I would expect such a feature to be available with the basic version, since most of the customers use secure email protocols.

Cheers,

Right.  Since it is not something that is customizable via the UI without Professional Services engagement from eGain.  it is currently not supported via Cisco.  There is an enhancement request in the works and the ability to manipulate that port should be included in a future release. Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: