cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

– for ipcc v8 – can we do ad integration so that the agents log in with ad credentials to the agent desktop?

dominthomas
Level 1
Level 1

– for ipcc v8 – can we do ad integration so that the agents log in with ad credentials to the agent desktop?

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, because UCCX auths through CUCM, and CUCM can auth with AD.

So, the answer is, integrate your CUCM with AD, and UCCX will automatically auth with AD as well.

Edit: I should also mention, usernames are case sensitive.  So, in an organization where users login ID's are like : Aholloway, they may not know this, because AD authentication via Windows login is not case sensitive.  Now, you will be introducing a system that is case sensitive, and the users will need to either be retrained on how to properly login, or the Sys Admins will need to batch change all the login ID's so they are lower case.  This has been a very common problem for me in my deployments.

FYI  - "ipcc v8" is not the product name. UCCE 8.0 is actually closer to "IPCC" than what you really want, which is UCCX 8.0 (Unified Contact Center Express).

I opened this post because of the subject line. If it had said "UCCX 8.0" I probably would have passed.

Regards,

Geoff

Good point G.

I suppose I made an assumption, that the OP was referring to UCCX.  They could have meant UCCE, and if they had stated that correctly in the subject, I too would not have clicked this link.

You stay on your side of the DMZ, and ignore my tunnels into your country.

=)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: