Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing admin password

svolansky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to change the default admin password on the all WEAs currently registered within my CM. So I would like to ask, if I change this password for these devices using CM (Admin > Password section of the GUI), what about the new installed and registered devices in the future? Does the default password change automatically when the new WAE registeres with CM or do I have to change the password manually?

Many thanks!

Stan

1 Reply 1

Stan,

You should not have to manually change the admin password for newly added/registered WAEs.  Once the newly added WAE is listed as online, receives a full CMS update, and has no alarms present you should then have to login to the WAE CLI with the new admin password.

Note, I just tested this in my lab by de-registering a WAE from the CM, restoring it to factory defaults, changed the admin password from the default on the CM GUI, then registered the WAE to this CM.  Once it was listed as online in the CM and all the alarms were cleared (I was missing the license at first), the next time I tried to telnet to it I had to use the updated admin password.

Hope this helps,

Mike Korenbaum
Cisco WAAS PDI Help Desk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: