cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC Operator Texting Function

rwshaheen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a full licensed version (1.6.0.15) of the SCC Operator and have been trying to get the texting function to work without any success.  I have tried entering the users SMS address in 10 and 7 digit format with and without the 9 in front of the numbers.  Has anyone had success with this feature and am I entering the SMS address correctly?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rwshaheen,

It is required to have Microsoft Outlook running in order to send SMS. Also please configure number for example 9493990928@tmomail.net

Below is the list of US service providers email address:

@messaging.sprintpcs.com

@tmomail.net

@txt.att.net

@mobile.mycingular.com

@vtext.com

- The Smart CallConnector Operator can send short messages (SMS) to mobile phones using the Smart Action Bar.

- SMS destination address per contact using Email/SMTP to send the message. It is not a SMS gateway. The SMS field for each contact would have the email address, for example

mobilephone <

mailto:mobilephonenumber@txt.att.net> number@txt.att.net <mailto:mobilephonenumber@txt.att.net> . (See notes for other carriersformats)

- SMS is available for both operator in standalone or server modes. Outlook (Mapi client) is also required on the PC for this service.

- Reply back from mobile phone to operator depends on the carrier supporting SMS replies via email. Some do, others don¹t.

- If a phone does not support SMS, an error message may or may not be returned to the email sender, again depending on carrier. The operator should only populate contacts SMS field for users supporting the service In general costs for sending SMS notification to mobile phones via email is free to the sender, but may cost the mobile subscriber a text msg fee if not included in their mobile phone plan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

I've escalated your question. Should receive a reply today.

Regards
Alberto

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rwshaheen,

It is required to have Microsoft Outlook running in order to send SMS. Also please configure number for example 9493990928@tmomail.net

Below is the list of US service providers email address:

@messaging.sprintpcs.com

@tmomail.net

@txt.att.net

@mobile.mycingular.com

@vtext.com

- The Smart CallConnector Operator can send short messages (SMS) to mobile phones using the Smart Action Bar.

- SMS destination address per contact using Email/SMTP to send the message. It is not a SMS gateway. The SMS field for each contact would have the email address, for example

mobilephone <

mailto:mobilephonenumber@txt.att.net> number@txt.att.net <mailto:mobilephonenumber@txt.att.net> . (See notes for other carriersformats)

- SMS is available for both operator in standalone or server modes. Outlook (Mapi client) is also required on the PC for this service.

- Reply back from mobile phone to operator depends on the carrier supporting SMS replies via email. Some do, others don¹t.

- If a phone does not support SMS, an error message may or may not be returned to the email sender, again depending on carrier. The operator should only populate contacts SMS field for users supporting the service In general costs for sending SMS notification to mobile phones via email is free to the sender, but may cost the mobile subscriber a text msg fee if not included in their mobile phone plan

That information was extremely helpful and I am sending SMS messages without fail.  Thanks!

I think most of free sms providers use this email mapping scheme too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: