Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG Controlled by LACP

brookselliott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have two Linksys switches being used, an SLM248G and an SRW2016. I decided to trunk two ports between the two switches and took advantage of the two Gb ports on the SLM248G (SRW2016 is full Gb). If I set the two switches and manually configure the LAG, the two switches communicate. However, if I tear down the trunk and use LACP to automatically control and configure the LAG group, the port group is unable to communicate with each other. I do packets that are being sent/received on both switches and no packet errors are accumulating. Furthermore, I don't see anything in the flash logs that point to any type of problem. The only clue I'm seeing is the LAG group says the "type" is "unknown".

The reason I wanted to use LACP is two reason. One I'm just a geek and want to see it work. Two when the group is configured without LACP and I look at the speed it displays 1000m instead of 2000m. I'm not for sure if this is an error in the display or if it's actually only communicating in the LAG group at 1 Gb. I've done some bandwidth testing, but haven't found a tool that I trust.

Anyways, if anyone has some ideas, I'd love some feedback, I'm completely out of ideas. Thanks much!

0 Replies 0