Views
Helpful
Replies

How to integrate two organizations

faysalbank.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody let me know how to integrate two organizations having ospf at both sides. Best practices document would be much appreciated

Regards,

Rahim

6 Replies 6

bshellrude
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on the size of the organizations/networks, I'd say BGP would be your best/easiest bet using private AS's (65000+).

That way you can control redistribution and not have to worry about overlapping addresses being an issue. This also gives you finer control over diverse paths in terms of what should route which way...

That's how I'd do it.

You could also run a seperate OSPF process on the interconnecting routers and control redistribution that way...

Or, depending on the layout of your network (if required) you can look at using a virtual-link to connect the two through a third (interconnect) area (if you're not worried about overlapping addresses)... though keep in mind virtual links aren't recommended for production networks. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094e9e.shtml#t17

Hi,

The link is not working. Please help out.

Regards,

Rahim

Hi,

Can anybody help me out. It is quite urgent.

Best Regards,

Rahim

Just recently merged networks with a huge company that acquired ours.

Since we were both running OSPF and had overlapping subnets, we created an EIGRP environment in between. We created redistribution route-maps and NATed towards both OSPF backbones. It has been working.

Hope this helps.

Please share any document with best practices. Thanks.

Regards,

Rahim

Dear All,

Can anybody help me out.

Regards,

Rahim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card