CallManager 4.1(3) to CUCM 7.1(3) migration - default 7960 load

Answered Question
Jun 17th, 2010

I am migrating CallManager 4.1(3) SR8a to CUCM 7.1(3).  When I go into the device load section and look at the firmware on the new server I see the original phone OS load firmware listed as the default.  I was under the impression that 7.1(3) came with 8.5.3 or something as its default for the 7960 for SCCP.  Is there some way to default the phone load information to the new defaults if it was in fact carried over?  I have already downloaded the latest device package and installed that but there was no change.  I am used to installing a device package and having it reset the load to the new version.  Is this not the way it works in CUCM 7x now?  I am trying to set this all up and test a phone prior to rollout to make sure I don't brick a ton of endpoints due to some oversight on my part.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 6 years 4 months ago

Hi Dennis,

CUCM 7.1(3) comes with 8.1.1 for the default 7960 load Is that what you are seeing?

Check out Table 19

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Rafael Garcia Thu, 06/17/2010 - 13:18

I am in the process of migrating from 4.1(3) to 7.0 myself. As of part of the migration, I did some tests with some of the phones to see whether they required an upgrade or I could move them over to the new system without it. The result was that if I moved the phone with the existing load, the phones will going to go back to the default one. In other words, I had to apply an upgrade to the phones so when I move them to CUCM 7 the system will upgrade them automatically.

Let me know if it helps.

r.stockton Thu, 07/15/2010 - 11:58

Wish I read this post first.

So, I have a migrated 4.1(3) to 7.1(5) system where all of the phone loads are remaining at 7.1.2.  How can I get the phones to take the new 8.x phone loads from UCM 7.1(5) now we are post migration?

This Discussion