cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 'srr-queue bandwidth shape' weighting

rich_foster
Level 1
Level 1

According to some Cisco 360 R&S lab documentation I'm reading the command 'srr-queue bandwidth shape 4 4 0 0' will result in queue's 1 and 2 getting 25% of the shaped bandwidth each.  I could understand this if the last two 0's were 4 but they're not, so how does the weighting allocation work?

The full syntax is as follows, although I don't think the share command has anything to do with the weighting in the shape command?

srr-queue bandwidth shape 4 4 0 0

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 1 7 3

Any help appreciated...

4 Replies 4

m.lammerse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

the way the shape command works is that the inverse of the specified weight (i.e. 1/4) multiplied by the interface bandwidth will be what is allocated and guaranteed to the queue. So in this case it could be 1/4 * 100Mbps (assuming an FE interface), which is 25Mbps and 25%.of 100Mbps.

If a weight of 0 is specified for a queue, the queue does not participate in shaping and will share the remaining bandwidth with any other queues that also have been assigned a weight of 0.

In the example configuration you gave, the remaining bandwidth for queues 3 and 4 would be 7/(7+3) * 100Mbps and 3/(7+3)*100Mbps respectively.

HTH

Marcel

Hi,

Just a minor correction to Marcel's reply, the remaining bandwidth for queues' 3 & 4 would be 7/(7+3) * (100Mbps - 25Mbps - 25 Mbps) and 3/(7+3)*(100Mbps - 25Mbps - 25 Mbps) respectively.

Moath,

Hi Moath,

in the case when both shaped queues are full, you're absolutely right. That would be a worst-case scenario for the shared queues. When there is no traffic in the shaped queues however, the shared queues should be able to go up to interface speed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks for your responses - I get it now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card