Wireless Adapters for Cisco 802.11n Solution

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2010
User Badges:

Currently our company runs nothing but Cisco branded wireless adapters. Cisco does not offer an 802.11n adapter and I notice most manufacturers are moving to USB adapters. We are rolling out controller based wireless installs for all future locations with 802.11n access points. Any sugestions as to which cards to use?

Requirements

802.11n

Low Profile bracket

PCI

So far the only card I've found is the Linksys WMP600N. This adapter struggled a bit in our testing and I'm worried about being able to get support from Cisco if we have problems. We'll be buying thousands of whichever card we choose so its a big decision. I've had good luck in the past with Proxim cards but they have stated they will not be manufacturing any 802.11n PCI or PCMCIA cards, only USB.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Fri, 06/18/2010 - 16:48
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

For starters, the proliferation of clients with built-in wireless NICs is one of the main reason why the client adapters were wound down.  If you even look closer, PCMCIA and high-speed PCMCIA cards are getting rarer these days.  Not only that, there are alot of USB wireless N vendors in the market.  It's not worth it.

Elliott Shawd Fri, 06/18/2010 - 17:24
User Badges:

Do you have more than just desktop machines working off this wireless network? Is there a reason you can't put these machines on the wired network?

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content