Simply give a 2 routers, 2 static IPs, with one router connected to T1... 1841 & 871

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2010
User Badges:

I have two routers, an 1841 and an 871. The 1841 has a T1 WIC with a /29 block of static IPs.

I have the first usable IP assigned to the 1841. I have the LAN configured on the FE0/0 interface. I want to use the FE0/1 interface to connect to the WAN port of the 871 and send it the next available IP.

Seems simple, if you know how to do it. Can someone offer me some brief assistance? I have to catch a flight in a half hour and the last thing I need to do is provide an outside IP to this 871. Can someone offer me some quick help?

Thank you.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
spremkumar Fri, 06/18/2010 - 03:06
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi James

If you are connecting both the routers on their Fastethernet ports then you can simply assign an ip address followed by the subnet mask.

If you are connecting to the L2 switchport on the 871 side then you need to make that as a switchport and assign with a L2 vlan, make sure that you create a L3 SVI (interface vlan with ip / subnet mask) so that you can establish the ip connectivity between the routers.

regds

Actions

This Discussion