cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS trunking issue

jcrussell
Level 3
Level 3

We have a strange issue where every time we try to enable a trunk on our VSS switches, we lose our EIGRP adjacencies.  We have an 8-port 10GE blade in slot 9, and we are using ports 1/5/4, 2/5/4, 1/9/8 and 2/9/8 for our links between the 2 chassis.  We deployed 2 new 6120 fabric interconnects for our UCS project.  When I try to enable port 1/9/1, I lose my EIGRP adjacencies to my 2 core switches.  On 1/5/5, I have a link through a 4270 IPS going to core1, using a /30 on vlan X.  On 2/5/5, I have a similar setup going to core2.  Obviously losing all connectivity to my server farm is bad, so I can't leave the link on to troubleshoot.  Any ideas as to what might be causing this?  I have tried it in the past, and that's how we ended up with the routed server farm block.  I wanted to trunk the vlans to the server VSS switch, but it kept dropping EIGRP adjacencies.  Ports on blades 1 or 2 in the VSS work fine as trunks, and ports in blade 9 work as access.  I attached a crappy network diagram.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

sarabbi
Level 1
Level 1

Prune the vlans going to the UCS such that the vlans associated with EIGRP adjacencies are not allowed on the links going to UCS.

LOL, my TAC engineer responded to the thread.  Classic.

Yes, for anyone who might have been curious, I pruned the VLANs from the trunks and that caused the adjacencies to stop dropping,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card