cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Original Calling Number from UCCX.

Bill19795_2
Level 1
Level 1

Simple question that I know has been asked before but I can’t dig up the answer. I have a caller coming form the PSTN. We are receiving the Caller-ID number and Name from the Telco. When the call goes through UCCX and rings the end IP phone it shows the calling information from the CTI port instead of the PSTN caller until the phone is answered. Is there a way to resolve this or is it simply working as designed.

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's as designed unfortunately - the system answers the call on a CTI port where it does queueing/prompting etc, and then does a consult transfer to the agent. As a result this shows the CTI port address, because that's where the call is coming from.

A call redirect could show the correct number, but that's no use as it would put the call outside of CCX's control (i.e. could not be retrieved).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Well actually we are not using this specific application as an ACD setup. It is simply doing a TOD check, a few menu options and then doing a call redirect to a "switchboard" user. What can I do in this case? Is there an option on the call redirect step?

If I was using this as an ACD where I wanted to UCCX to maintain control in the event the agent did not answer would I be out of luck then? 

Hi

Are you sure you're using a 'call redirect' for this user? I seem to recall this showed the external CLI, but if you did a 'consult transfer' step then it would not?

Re: agents, yes, you would be stuck with that functionality. I offer these arguments/peace offerings to my customers:

1) If the call shows as from 'UCCX' then you know that the call was a queue call, and you do not need to call the person back. If the external CLI was show, it would not be possible to make that distinction.

2) You are able to see the originating/CLI number of the original caller from the 'reports' in CAD if you wish to review your missed calls, and from the main CAD screen as a call comes in.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes we are using a call redirect step. Is there an option on the redirect step that I need to set?

No - no specific option.

What versions of s/w are you running? CCM, UCCX?

Aaron

CUCM 6.1

UCCX 5.0

Hi Bill

Same for that version. Call redirect will show the original called number as seen by UCCX.

Are you running the calls through any translation patterns on CCM either before they reach UCCX or after (i.e. to mask all the CTI ports to a valid, diallable RP or something like that)?

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: