cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting ip Preposition Directives - Browse button missing

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I'm familiar with setting up preposition directives but am seeing some pages not displaying the browse button used to browse to directories and/or individual files:

pre.bmp

This particular directive displays the browse button on the right as you can see, but like i've stated other directives don't.

any reason why the button would be missing under some directives?

thanks

Ajaz

5 Replies 5

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I tried setting up new directive and it what happens is that the 'browse button' dissappears when the file server location is selected from the drop down.

imo this has got the hallmarks of a bug because it was working....

reloading the wcm doesn't help at all !

raising a case now. watch this space.

Ajaz

Ajaz,

The Location you select needs to include at least one device running the CIFS AO.  Note the message displayed in place of the browse button otherwise:

"Configure atleast one device in CIFS AO  mode and then select the Location field with the CIFS AO device location  closest to the file server to facilitate browsing."

Regards,

Zach

I understand what you're saying Zach, but there is no message otherwise. Also this was working fine and no changes were made on the WAAS platform.

What do you suggest, where to start looking...?

Was this resolved?  The text I described may have been a recent update.

Zach

yup - fixed.

essentially what happened is that when I forced a deregister of the core wae and then re-registered it, the location was lost and a default location was created. so from the dropdown - when i selected the newly created location - boom !

browse button - happy days

Ajaz

ps. the thing is I had to bounce the core wae because of the issue to do with cifs status in 'error'. upon reboot that came back online with cifs status shutdown. then after re-register it was 'enabled'.