cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling DHCP Server On UC540

rventura
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to disable the DHCP server on a UC540 running Software Pack 8.0.2 and CCA 2.2(4).

I'm trying to delete the data scope under Configuration->DHCP Server in CCA per the instructions in this document: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5869, page 14. I'm running a DHCP server on my MS Server.

I keep getting an error: "Cannot delete reserved data pool".

Any help would be appreceiated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you delete it from the CLI?

router#no ip dhcp pool

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your obeservation is also correct.  CCA doesnt allow the removal.

Steve,

I wrote this reply directly to my original post. I'm assuming you didn't see it. I'm reposting to your reply.

"Thanks Steve for your reply. What is Cisco's solution to this?

My company  is a Cisco reseller and as an installer, more often than not we're  installing and integrating communications systems into existing  infrastructures. Not everyone wants the UC500 to do everything,  especially if they already have hardware and software in place.

Now, I know  that CCA doesn't do "it all". I've painfully experienced this while  trying to configure fax messaging with DIDs. But this issue with DHCP  would seem to be a pretty common conflict which should be easily dealt  with through CCA.

If configuration throught CLI is the only option, than  fine. Could you give me the complete solution to disable DHCP?

Perhaps this  is something that Design should look into. A simple check box would be  nice.

Thanks

Rodney"

rventura
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Brandon. I'll try that as a last resort.

Thanks Steve for your reply. What is Cisco's solution to this?

My company is a Cisco reseller and as an installer, more often than not we're installing and integrating communications systems into existing infrastructures. Not everyone wants the UC500 to do everything, especially if they already have hardware and software in place.

Now, I know that CCA doesn't do "it all". I've painfully experienced this while trying to configure fax messaging with DIDs. But this issue with DHCP would seem to be a pretty common conflict which should be easily dealt with through CCA.

If configuration throught CLI is the only option, than fine. Could you give me the complete solution to disable DHCP?

Perhaps this is something that Design should look into. A simple check box would be nice.

Thanks

Rodney

This won't work because we intend to use the UC500 as our firewall.

I just want to disable DHCP because our MS server is the DHCP server on our network.

Is there anyway to do this?

I tend to agree with Rodney. Although it is simple to disable the data dhcp server via command line, a simple task of disabling a dhcp server should be incorporated in CCA.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As has already been stated, the only way to do this is to remove the DHCP pool for Data via command line. However you need to be extremely carefully not to remove the phones DHCP pool, remove this and you will create all sorts of problems for yourself.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: