cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX IPPA screen

reillyjj
Level 4
Level 4

I am running UCCX V8.02 with CUCM-BE V8.02. Is there a way, when using the IPPA, to have the display on the phone automatically return to the IPPA screen when a call is completed?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

CCX needs a user configured on CCM with each IPPA phone associated ('telecaster' by default, configurable in postinstall.exe in pre-8 releases) that manages the CTI control for IPPA specifically. If you didn't add a user called 'telecaster', or better still reconfigure UCCX to use the RMCM user (which is already associated to the correct phones to allow login) then you got this problem.

See page 55 of the CAD Installation Guide for instructions on setting this up for version 8: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/cad80ccxig-cm.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configuring the BIPPA user does this for you, it pushes the screen to the phone via the ip phone execute xml stuff.

Or you could configure the idle url on the phone, but that's not as cool.

I have configured the IPPA user, but when the agent answers a call off of the CSQ the phone goes back to the main screen like a regular phone. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

You probably didn't associate the phone to the application user. It needs this to issue the commands to the phone properly.

And the easiest way to do that is to switch the telecaster user id with that of your rmcm provider user id.

I realize this is an old thread, but can anyone please verify for me that the stat screen refreshes itself?  If so, is the refresh interval configurable?  I don't see it anywhere in the CAD configuration documents.  Thanks in advance!

I have CUCM and UCCX 9.x . I have issue with selecting wrap-up data while agent is in work. I have changed userid to rmcm user for BIPPA from telecaster user. I also have associated agent phones with rmcm users. But still have issue with selecting wrap-up data on IPPA agent.  Wrap-data works fine with CAD agent. 

I did associate the phone with the application user. So, initially the agent can press the service button on the phone and select CCX IPPA service. That brings the agent to the IPPA screen showing calls in queue and longest waiting call. However, when the agent takes a call and hangs up the phone returns to the regular phone screen, not to the IPPA screen. I have not yet configured any work flows or wrap up data or anything like that. Also, I am running on CCX V8 and CUCM-BE V8

Thanks

Hi

CCX needs a user configured on CCM with each IPPA phone associated ('telecaster' by default, configurable in postinstall.exe in pre-8 releases) that manages the CTI control for IPPA specifically. If you didn't add a user called 'telecaster', or better still reconfigure UCCX to use the RMCM user (which is already associated to the correct phones to allow login) then you got this problem.

See page 55 of the CAD Installation Guide for instructions on setting this up for version 8: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/cad80ccxig-cm.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

I upgraded from V7 to V8, so I already had the service set up. Do I need to add the phones for the application user to the list of controlled devices like I did for the RmCm application user?

Thanks

Yes

Aaron,

I changed the BIPPA login to use the existing RmCm user, as you suggetsed, restarted the services and now it is behaving the way I wanted it to. Thanks to you, and to everyone else who responded, for figuring this out for me.

Regards

Here is a video of if working in my lab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCWNbmJSlk

Is this what you want it to do?

Anthony,

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The way I am set up, when the agent hangs up, it goes to the regular phone screen, not the stat screen that your video showed. I should point out that I upgraded from V7 to V8. Any ideas?

Thanks

If it worked as you expected in 7.0(1) and you are confident that you followed the 8.0 documentation, I suggest you open a TAC case. This code had to be rewritten for the VOS model and you may have found a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: