Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding: Retain Redirecting Device Information

DOMJAHN DAVID
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

having configured a call forwarding ("forward all") on IP phone A to IP phone B (same partition)

will provide information on B's display that the call is being forwarded by phone A. So far, so good.

Unfortunately this information is not displayed for external calls for DN A. Instead ONLY external caller's number

is displayed on phone B without information that this call is redirected by phone A.

I played with Forwarded Call Information Display settings (caller name, caller number, redirected number, ...)

without success.

Have I missed something?

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers,

David

2 Replies 2

Hi, what type of gateway are you using to recieve external calls? H323 or MGCP?

You can have a test by selecting 'Redirecting Number IE Delivery— Inbound/outbound' under PRI configuration for for MGCP gateways or at gateway configuration for H323 gateway. For H.323 there is also a command like 'isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number', i can't remember if there is same for incoming calls as well, neverthless you can have a play around with all of these.

HTH.

hi,

we are using a SIP trunk pointing to a Cisco CUBE router (which itself uses SIP to exchange calls with a SIP provider).

"Redirecting Number IE Delivery" isn't present as a configuration item here. The only thing to play with is

"Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Inbound" but I assume it is up to basic CUCM 7 functionality to

provide the forwarding DN number?

Regards,

David