Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Apply license for UC Cluster

lwai
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need setup a UC cluster 7.x and receive the following PAK from Cisco.

UNITYCN7-HA-24, UNITY CONNECTION HIGH AVAILABILITY PLATFORM OVERLAY

and

Unity Connection, 24 ports, 300 users - All user Features

Will the Publisher of the UC cluster needs to be installed both PAK license?

or Will the add on member of cluster need the PAK UNITYCN7-HA?

I need to clarify this before apply the license file from Cisco, thanks!

Michael.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep, that thread is 100%.  You need to generate 2 licenses.  The first is based on the MAC address of the Pub and should be a full license (all fields in it populated).  The second is based on the MAC of the Sub and should be an HA license.  You may need to work with licensing@cisco.com to make sure this license is created properly.  The Sub will inherit ports, users, etc from the Publisher license.  The HA license for the Sub only contains the ports you purchased for HA, voice rec sessions, etc (port-based info).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Here is a recent thread that Hailey and I were working on that addresses this question

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3108164#3108164

Cheers!

Rob

Yep, that thread is 100%.  You need to generate 2 licenses.  The first is based on the MAC address of the Pub and should be a full license (all fields in it populated).  The second is based on the MAC of the Sub and should be an HA license.  You may need to work with licensing@cisco.com to make sure this license is created properly.  The Sub will inherit ports, users, etc from the Publisher license.  The HA license for the Sub only contains the ports you purchased for HA, voice rec sessions, etc (port-based info).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: