Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Syslog purge job failed.

We installed LMS 3.2 on windows server 2003 enterprise edition. RME version is 4.3.1. We have created daily syslog purge job from RME> Admin> Syslog> Set Purge Policy. This job failes with the following error.

"Drop table failed:SQL Anywhere Error -210: User 'DBA' has the row in 'SYSLOG_20100516' locked 8405 42W18
[ Sat Jun 19  01:00:07 GMT+05:30 2010 ],ERROR,[main],Failed to purge syslogs"

After server restart job will again execute normally for few days.

Please check attached log file of specified job.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Instead of restarting the server, try restarting the SyslogAnalyzer daemon alone.  Does the purge job run successfully after that?

pdterm SyslogAnalyzer

pdexec SyslogCollector

I restarted SyslogAnalyzer daemon alone, still i am getting same error.

How many purge jobs exist?  You can find a list of them under Common Services > Server > Admin > Job Browser.

We have configured only one SyslogDefaultPurge job.

The only reports of this problem in the past has been with two jobs being created during an upgrade.  This would not have been something you would have done yourself.  I suggest you open a TAC service request so database locking analysis can be done to find what process is keeping that table locked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: