cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA configuration to support ISA authentication proxy

david.e.jarvis
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA configured for internet and remote access vpn termination. I wish to use an ISA authentication proxy for remote access vpn clients. How might I configure this support on the ASA?

Topology:  Inside Network ====>  ISA ====> ASA ====> Internet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

Since it's a Cisco forum (I can google it, but I'd rather have a straight record in a thread), can you tell me what is the role of ISA's authentication proxy? And how does it work.

Normally any authentication proxies (auth-proxy on router and cut-through proxy in firewalls) are transparent to other network devices on the network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

Since it's a Cisco forum (I can google it, but I'd rather have a straight record in a thread), can you tell me what is the role of ISA's authentication proxy? And how does it work.

Normally any authentication proxies (auth-proxy on router and cut-through proxy in firewalls) are transparent to other network devices on the network.

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer was a great help. I didn't provide enough information but what you state is all I needed to know. Many Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: