Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quality of Service

How many out there are doing QoS in DC? Do you mind sharing a copy of the QoS configuration from the switches with queuing, marking, policing, etc.

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
How many out there are doing QoS in DC? Do you mind sharing a copy of
the QoS configuration from the switches with queuing, marking,
policing, etc.

Hi,

It really depends as today network are around 1 Gig network and The case for Quality of Service (QoS) in WANs/VPNs is largely self-evident because of the relatively low-speed bandwidth links at these Places-in-the-Network (PINs), as compared to Gigabit/Ten Gigabit campus networks, where the need for QoS is sometimes overlooked or even challenged.

It always depends on customer's requirements  however with the current business and application requirement and video evolution in the enterprise networks, my first recommendation is to build end to end QoS strategy. Start with QoS application profiling (Data, Voice and Video) and then build your QoS design. I will not worry about implementation and how can I configure the QoS tools sets from Classification, Marking, policing and queuing till alter stage. Implementation will be very easy if you put you have QoS strategy.

Check out the below link on Qos configuration example:-

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_tech_note09186a0080883f9e.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: