cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM backups

mcdonovan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a callmanager 7.1.3.32900-4 cluster and parts of backup complete with "error".  I've attached a screenshot.  Not sure why, but the following backup components always fail.  Anyone seen this? 

TFTP

MOH

BAT

CCMPrefs

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How about looking at, or attaching, the log files it shows on that page?

Hi Jonathan.  I've attached the log files. I'm unable to make sense of the errors in them.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Interestingly, all of the failures take place at the same point within each file (4096 bytes).  What is the name of the SFTP server application you are using to backup files to?

Hailey

Hi David.  The backup server is a Unix box and we use SSH to send the backups.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Is this server a PUB or a SUB, do you have the TFTP service activated on this node?

What about a restart to the DRF master and local services, a lot of temporary issues with DRF take care this way. The restart should not impact network operation as this two services take care exclusively for the backups.

Hi Robert, the server is the Pub (only server in cluster) and running TFTP.  I'll restart DRF services, re-run backups and let you know the results.  Thanks!

-Mike

Hi Robert,

I restarted the DRF services reran backups and issue is still happening.  Below is the error at the bottom of one of the failed backup logs.  On a related note I backup other clusters to the same SFTP server with no issues:

tar: -: Wrote only 4096 of 10240 bytes
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
2010/06/25 00:37: sudo tar -cvpPf - /var/log/active/cm/report/rtmtreporter 2>> /common/drf/backup.log
2010/06/25 00:37: Backup failed.

-Mike

hello everyone,

i have the same problem with that version of cucm.

i have attach the TXT file with the errors on two services after begin the backup process and reports files on cucm.

Could you find the solution for this problem?

thanks for any help

Please check out Cisco BugID: CSCte62205

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte62205

In short; backups fail when using an OpenSSH SFTP server with "client alive messages" enabled. To fix it, disable "client alive messages" on the OpenSSH server.

HTH

Matt

hi matthew,

thanks for your respond, that document of cisco explain all, i changed the sftp client for other of name "FreeFTPd".

thanks for help me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: