cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to upgrade a DFC3B to a DFC3BXL

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

We have a  PFC3B and all the linecards have DFC3Bs and we cannot hold the full  internet routing table

So I'm going to suggest we need to get the  PFC3BXL upgrade. My question is with regards to the DFCs, are we going  to have to upgrade them to DFC3BXL or can we upgrade the memory using  MEM-XCEF720-1GB.

Many Thanks in advance

Dom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

And can you also confirm that just fitting the extra memory to a module with a DFC3B installed won't do anything?

Yes, I have confirmation that this will not work at all. The reason is because the TCAM size on the DFC3BXL is different from the DFC3B.

For your other question about the part number, I think the best thing for you to do is contact your Cisco system engineer and account manager. I don't want to give you wrong information since I don't deal with part number daily.

Regards,

jerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will have to replace the DFC3B broad with a new DFC6BXL board, along with upgrade memory (default 256MB) on the line cards. You should contact your Cisco sales team for the detail part numbers.

HTH,

jerry

Hi Jerry - Thanks for your reply.

According to this URL, the DFC3BXL comes with the 1Gb sim for the line card - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_bulletin0900aecd8017a5db.html

If I order a WS-F6700-DFC3BXL, will I get the daughter card and a 1Gb SIMM to fit onto the linecard?

And can you also confirm that just fitting the extra memory to a module with a DFC3B installed won't do anything?

Cheers, Dom

Yes, I have confirmation that this will not work at all. The reason is because the TCAM size on the DFC3BXL is different from the DFC3B.

For your other question about the part number, I think the best thing for you to do is contact your Cisco system engineer and account manager. I don't want to give you wrong information since I don't deal with part number daily.

Regards,

jerry

Thanks Jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card